Typical is a theme for WordPress created with serious writers in mind. Not only has great care been taken with the typography, but the HTML5 used to mark it up has been infused with microdata. With these provisions, both your human and non-human visitors can collect maximal meaning from the content you choose to publish. Typical is responsive, so no common device, large or small, should pose a barrier to accessing and easily reading your prose.
- Semantic HTML5, based on Nathan Staines’ Starkers Theme
- A choice of 6 highly rated serif font families, hosted by Google Web Fonts and selected in the Theme Options page
- Resolution independence via a custom pictogram, build specially for Typical, and 2x pixel density bitmaps (avatars and featured images)
- Microdata attribution for permalink (article) pages, comments, author descriptions and archives
- Fully responsive using an enhanced elastic layout favouring no individual device
- Integrated support for article footnotes via an easy-to-use shortcode
- Semantic post thumbnail display, exposing the image’s caption via the
- Shortcodes to help write semantic figures and blockquotes
That covers the main features of the theme. To investigate these features in more detail, please consult the Theme Features blog category. A chronology of versions is available via the Version History category.